How to Disable Zip Code Validation in Sydney Pro

Hi, due to the various different standards for zip codes around the world, I would like to disable the zip code validation feature. (My e-commerce site sells only e-books and there is no shipping of a physical product so I do not need this feature)

Is the a code I could use to do this ?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Phillip

Please see the error users are getting:

Hello there,

To disable it, try adding this snippet to your child theme’s functions.

add_filter( 'woocommerce_default_address_fields' , 'sydneypro_disable_postcode_validation' );
    function sydneypro_disable_postcode_validation( $address_fields ) {
      $address_fields['postcode']['required'] = false;
      return $address_fields;
    }

If you don’t run a child theme, you can use a plugin that does the same purpose like Functionality.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks Kharis.

It is still actually there unfortunately. And I am running a child theme. Is there any other coding or plugin that you could recommend?

Thanks again

Hello there,

From the source code of your site, I found site caching has been applied. You might need to flush it whenever adding a new code or doing some changes. Otherwise it won’t take any effect in the front end.

https://codex.wordpress.org/I_Make_Changes_and_Nothing_Happens

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks for the effort, Kharis

Unfortunately nothing. (I am using “My Custom Functions” to enter any special coding by the way)

Alternatively you could usethe Woo Checkout Field Editor plugin. Once enabled, go to WooCommerce menu > Checkout Form; edit Postcode/ZIP. Disable the required option.

Regards,
Kharis

I think we have a winner!!!

THANK YOU very much

Phillip

Great!

You’re welcome! Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis