How to disable latest news in GreatMag?

Is this possible? I would also like my logo to be slightly larger if that is possible.

Many thanks,

Matt

Hello there,

To disable it, add this CSS code into Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS in your site dashboard.

.breaking-news {
  opacity: 0;
}

Technically the logo width will always be scaled down to 200px wide. There is no way to change this rule which is defined in the theme’s functions.php file. However, you still have a chance to enlarge it with the below CSS code:

.main-logo .custom-logo-link img {
  display: none;  
}  

.main-logo .custom-logo-link {
  width: 300px;
  height: 100px;
  display: block;
  background-image: url('http://bdwm.mattduval.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/cropped-BDWM-1.jpg');
  background-size: contain;
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  background-position: top left;
}

Replace your image:

http://bdwm.mattduval.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/cropped-BDWM-1.jpg

with the larger one. You’ll need to upload your logo to the media library (Dashboard > Media > Add New).

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Thanks for this but i would like to collapse the entire black bar at the top. I dont need the login or search. I would like the logo to be at the top rather than a black bar.

You can use this CSS code to hide the entire top back bar.

.top-header {
}

Regards,
Kharis

Hi, even after using the
.breaking-news {
opacity: 0;
}
code, the latest news post are still there and only blacked out. So, i was wondering how to completely remove the latest news but keep the social icons.
Thanks.

.top-header {
}

Try that

To keep the social icons, you’ll need to apply this custom CSS code:

.top-header .breaking-news *,
.top-header .auth-social-nav .dropdown,
.top-header .auth-social-nav .search-top {
}

Regards,
Kharis

How do I change the color of the bar up top and the copy and the social icons?

Also, one of the social icons is a person and allows you to log into the site. How do I remove that icon? I have not offered that functionality on my site so it doesn’t make sense for it to sit up there.

Thanks, @Kharis and @Matt. The code given by Kharis worked. Thank you so much. I love this theme and will be planning to buy the paid version in few days.

By the way, i was looking for solutions to few more things:

1. how can i add the featured post gallery as shown in the demo.

2. how to make the featured images of the posts responsive on the front page as they get cut by the side. Or what is the ideal size of the featured image i should keep such that it doesn’t get cut?

3. how to Hide featured images on single posts? As the default option under “Blog Options” doesn’t work.

4. How to add new social icons with the other icons at the top bar.

5. when using Masonry full-width blog option, it is showing 10 posts on the front page. But, each row contains 3 posts, so at the bottom, only one post is visible with blank space on the left.

6. how to make the social icons bigger at the top bar

Hello @sksalvatore,

Thank you for posting your other 6 questions. We’ll try to answer them, bu please avoid mixing different questions at once as it’ll be difficult to track progress. It’ll be much easier for us to provide an answer for specific question individually. Please separate them in multiple topics. Doing so will help us maintain this support forum well documented and easier to read by other users.

Regards,
Kharis

@Kharis Okay surely do that. But, how do I start a new topic? I couldn’t find any option to do so. Please help.

Hello there,

Login with your account and then go to this form.

Regards,
Kharis