How to Delete Multiple H1 Tags

Hi All, My Bing Webmaster Tools account is showing me that I have multiple H1 tags on several pages of my website https://internetbusinessphonesystem.com/ including the homepage (which has 6 instances of H1 tags) and other pages such as https://internetbusinessphonesystem.com/business-text-messaging (which has 4 instances of H1 tags). I think this is from me changing the titles of my pages and from changing the ‘Site Title’ in the ‘Site Identity’ area of the ‘Customization’ utility in Talon.

How do I delete the redundant H1 tags? Is there a plugin that will do this safely?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello,

First two instances on your home page are desktop and mobile site title.

Three subsequent instances are slide titles, here is a relevant support topic:

The last one is a post title, do you want to change it as well?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Roman, thank you for responding.

1. I added the css code (by copying and pasting what you wrote) via CustomizeAdditional CSS section, but that did not seem to make any difference.
  2. Can I access and edit my inc/functions/functions-header.php file from within Wordpress instead of using an FTP program?
  3. Can the problem with the Slider be solved by simply using a static image rather than the slider?
  4. Can the entire problem be solved by simply switching to a different Wordpress theme (instead of Talon)? If so , which Athemes theme would you suggest I use…to avoid H1 issues?

Hello,

1. The CSS will work after you modify the functions-header.php file.

2. I don’t think that there is an easy way to do that, unfortunately.

3. Yes, the problem can be solved by using a static image.

4. Yes, you can try Sydney theme, for example.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Roman, if I choose to stay with Talon, how do I solve the problem of the post titles being H1 as well?

Hello,

how do I solve the problem of the post titles being H1 as well?

You can change it in template-parts/content-single.php file, row 16.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support