How to change width of submenu

Hello everyone!

I have quite a lot of sub menu entries (menu item Services) and they wont fit in one page. The solution is to make the sub menu blog bigger, change the width of the line. This would allow 2-3 word entries (like Business Development) to be on one line, instead of two lines. I tried to modify the css but I guess I cannot find the right element… Can you please help?

Many thanks!!

Kam

Hi,

“Business Development” is already on one line, have you been able to resolve this issue? Or do you want to make the sub-menu that wide to fit all sub-menu items in it, like the ones with very long 3-4 words? Please let me know.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hello Csaba,

Thanks for your quick answer! The problem is mainly with the French sub menu. It has more items than the English one and even the 2 word Business Development - Developpement commercial- has two lines. Lets say I would like all items to fit on 1 line only. For both English and French versions. Do you think you can help me please?

thanks!

Kind regards

Kamila

Hi,

You can make the sub-menu wider so longer menu item text will fit on 1 line with this Custom CSS:

#mainnav ul ul a {
    width: 220px !important;
}

#mainnav ul li ul {
    width: 220px !important;
}

Please add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also use this plugin to add the CSS to it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/ so you will not loose the changes on theme updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Dear Csaba,

thank you it worked perfectly on the English version of the website but not the French one… How can I apply this for all languages?

Thank you
Best regards

Kamila

It is okay, my bad! thank you

Hi,

Great! You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please, feel free to open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba