How to change arrows << >> to quotation marks " "

Hi Guys! how are you?
I have a problem. When in my editor i put quotation marks " " then it display on screen << >>
Why does it turns into arrows? How can I fix that?
THANK YOU SO MUCH in advance for your help!
Best regards,

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us.

Can you please explain in details the steps to reproduce the issue? Did you use a special plugin?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi! Thank you for your answer!

I Use Wordpress and to edit the Theme Astrid, I Use the plugin Elementor.
When I edit the text and put the " ", then on screen, the translation of the signs " " are displayed as << >> as you can see on the picture above.
Is it better explain like this?
Thank you very much!

Please find on the link the video to show you what happens

Another video maybe better to show you

Hello there,

Please try temporarily switching to one of default WordPress themes and see if you can reproduce the same issue. This will rule out theme-specific issue.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

1 Like

All right, Thank you for your answer, I tried another theme and effectively the problem still remains.

Do you have an idea where does it come from ? Thank you !
Best regards,

Hello there,

Thank you for updating me.

Perhaps it is due to script conflict with one of your active plugins. To confirm this, try disabling all your other active plugins at once and run your test. If you don’t get the issue, to narrow down the source of the issue, re-enable them one by one and re-run your test in each.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

1 Like

Hi!

Thank you very much for your answer!
I did what you suggest. I disable all the plugins and still remain.
It probably means it is a function in one of PHP file that is responsble for that.
Do you have any idea which function? where I can find it?

Thank you so much!
Best regards,

Hello there,

It seems likely to be due to Elementor issue. I would recommend you to consult to the Elementor support channel.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi! Thanks for the answer!
Actually I completely remove elementor and still remains that is why i thought it should be a functions or something inside the PHP that convert these marks into arrows!

Do you have an idea in which file PHP I should find that? what function is that?

Thank you!

Hello there,

Try to use HTML entities: http://designerstoolbox.com/designresources/html/.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Can we use the custom html and css code in this theme? Can you please guide me related to this?