How to add Font Awesome 5 to Elementor

I’ve been reading around, and added the following snippet using Code Snippet plug-in:

function sydney_child_add_fontawesome_cdn() {
    ?>
      <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.2.0/css/all.css" integrity="sha384-hWVjflwFxL6sNzntih27bfxkr27PmbbK/iSvJ+a4+0owXq79v+lsFkW54bOGbiDQ" crossorigin="anonymous">
    <?php
    }
    add_action('wp_head', 'sydney_child_add_fontawesome_cdn');

function sydney_child_loads_font_awesome_script() {
       // Remove Font Awesome from main theme
       wp_dequeue_style( 'sydney-font-awesome' );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'sydney_child_loads_font_awesome_script', 999 );

With that said, is this supposed to update the elementor editor to access the latest Font Awesome icons? Can someone provide me with a step-by-step

Thanks!

Hello there,

If that code applies, it means your site will load Font Awesome 5.x and it’ll be shared for other elements like Elementor. There should be no extra step needed. Try defining your preferred icons and test it yourself. If you feel it doesn’t work as expected, you can follow this discussion.

Please note that we don’t offer extensive help for Elementor here in our forum. Because this is just a recommended plugin we use to style Sydnney-specific front end layout.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Kharis

What do you mean by “try defining your preferred icons and test it myself”?

Also, I don’t really understand how to follow that link you provided. It takes me to Github, but no steps on how to implement the new Font Awesome to Elementor.

Could you help me add the new Font Awesome to my Sydney Wordpress

-Eleni

Try inserting a Text element and insert this code:

<i class="fab fa-facebook-f"></i>

Save and update your page. If you see a Facebook icon on actual page, it means Font Awesome v.5 loads properly.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,

Yes, this does work and the new 5.0 elements are shown when I use an HTML block. Is there a way to use Font Awesome 5.0 with the icon block that Elementor comes with? (the red icons)

-Eleni