How to add breadcrumbs to pages and posts in Sydney

Great theme!

Can I enable the Yoast Breadcrumbs? In their knowledgebase there is a code provided for those who want to insert Yoast Breadcrumbs in their themes. They note that this is a temporary solution, as the theme files may be overridden during updates. But even so, what would be the proper place to insert that code? Alternately, is there another breadcrumbs option for Sydney?

Thanks in advance for your support.
George

Hi,

There aren’t any breadcrumbs built-in into Sydney, so using Yoast would be the way to go. It will be overwritten though, just like any other change you make to the theme’s code if you don’t create a child theme. Probably the best place to add it would be in header.php so it will show up on all your pages.

Thanks for the quick response, Vlad! Works perfectly now. At first I just pasted the Yoast code at the very end of the header.php page, and it ended up showing the code itself on any page of the site, rather than the breadcrumbs. It turns out I had to add the PHP opening and closing tags “<?php” and “} ?>” before and after the code. Now it works.

Great theme, great support! Thanks again.

George

Hi,

I was adding the following code to my website, but it also included the breadcrumbs in the pages. Is there any way to have it just in the posts?

<?php if ( function_exists(‘yoast_breadcrumb’) ) {
yoast_breadcrumb(’
<p id=“breadcrumbs”>’,’</p>
’);
}

Thank you!

Juliana