How to add a News Ticker

I added Ditty News Ticker plugin and tried to add the shortcode so that the ticker would display below my header image and ideally right below my Latest News header (above the Latest News images and posts) at www.mccinternalmedicine.org - tried adding new rows at various locations on my hompepage and added new widget with Shortcodes Ultimate and with just text but it does not work - can you help? Thanks.

Hello there,

I am not sure if it is an issue with Moesia Pro theme. Please check it with other default WordPress theme like Twenty Twenty to rule out theme-specific issue.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

It is not that is does not work, I just don’t know where to put the shortcode so that it will place where I want it - ideally it would be below the Latest News header and right above the Latest News posts?

You could use a Text Widget and put it within page builder.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Yes, that is what I tried but not sure how to do it - add Text Widget where? Do I add it to the same row as Latest News or a separate row above Latest News and then Add Widget. Once I figure out where to add it how do I place the shortcode with the ticker - do I click the Edit option or Edit Row option from the wrench and where does the shortcode go??

I want to add it to the circled space on the screenshot…

…above Latest News would suffice

Hello there,

Please check this discussion that could explain it better.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

I can get the plugin into the site - I have it there now in case you can view it but I want to know how athemes would allow me to get it below a title - in this case Latest News?

At the very least, is there a way to reduce the amount of space between Latest News header and my ticker - there is just a lot of white space?

Hello there,

You could use the Layout Builder widget that allows you to group multiple widgets into single row. In there, put your latest news and set its title empty. Above it, pur a Text widget where you put the shortcode and set the title as “Latest News”.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

I tried it and have the ticker widget above Latest News widget on the same row but when I delete the Latest News title is stays and is not removed - maybe it is from the last support issue I had where I added code…?

@media only screen and (max-width: 800px) {
          .widget_moesia_latest_news .widget-title {
            font-size: 40px !important;
          }
     }

Does your site have activa caching? Probably it’s an issue with unflushed cache.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

I checked my plugins and only have WP Fastest Cache but it is not activated…I also use WordFence but not sure that caches anything and my host is SiteGround and not sure if that is part of their service…Do you recommend activating Fastest Cache (I’m always terrified to activate plugins!)?

Hello there,

Is there any screenshot to your page’s page builder backend your could share?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Not sure if this is what you mean but here you go…

Hello there,

Please try Layout Builder widget and put two widgets inside it.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

No, that did not work at all, made my site look odd, and is basically the same thing as I already have…