How do I customize the header color for different pages?

On my site, Customize- Colors- General- Word overlay gives me one color for the header. However, on my menu, I have pages and categories that I would like to customize, as the color won’t work on all of them. Is there any css code you can recommend?

Thanks in advance,

David

Hello David,

I’m not sure what exactly is your issue, can you please provide a link to your website and some explanatory screenshots?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

https://davidkute.com/

Does this help?

Kind regards,

David

Hello David,

I’ve just checked your website but I’m still not sure what is your issue, unfortunately. Can you please provide some explanatory screenshots as well?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman, my issue is that my header(wrapping) is set to blue but I’d like to have a different header color on certain pages and categories that are on the menu.

For example, on the “Home” page, the header is blue. But on the “Rooftop on the Hanok” page, the color is also blue but I want it another color like white. How can I do that?

Kind regards,

David

Hello David, try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code in Customize → Additional CSS section.

body.page-id-46 .header-image .overlay {
    background-color: transparent;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

Wow, that worked. Many thanks!! :slight_smile:

To change other pages, I would plug in the same code and just add a different page Id? How would I find the page or category id? This page is 46?

Regards,

David

Also that creates a problem with the menu color on that page, which since it’s white is now invisible. So that needs to be changed to black. Any idea how to do that too?

One other thing: the page now has all white but I’d like to put a black border at the bottom of the header.

Hello,

It looks like these issues require some coding, this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization. As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a reputable freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman. :slight_smile:

Regards,

David

1 Like