How can I disable Categories / Tags Block into the Head and Archives (Categories / Tags) Pages?

How can I disable Categories / Tags Block into the Head and Archives (Categories / Tags) Pages of Fashionistas Theme?

Hi,

Please post a link to your website to the page where you want to remove categories / tags and also please clarify what do you mean by disabling Categories / Tags pages, did you meant to don’t have those pages when somebody want to access them? Then, please remove all of your categories from wp-admin -> Posts -> Categories, for tags, please don’t use tags in your posts, so you won’t have tag pages, the default post category which can’t be deleted, please redirect to a 404 page using a plugin like this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/redirection/

Kind Regards,
Csaba

http://kleinburd.ru/news How can I disable Categories / Tags Block into the Head Page?

Hi,

You can remove the post meta with this Custom CSS:

.post .entry-meta {
    display: none !important;
}

Please add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also add the CSS to wp-admin -> Appearance -> Customizer -> Additional CSS so you won’t loose the changes after Theme or WordPress updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

We need disable Categories / Tags Block into the Head and Archives Pages only, not into the Single Posts Pages.

Hi,

Ok, sorry, you can remove the meta only on blog and archive pages with this Custom CSS:

.blog .post .entry-meta, .archive .post .entry-meta {
}

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Now, the date, the number of views and the number of comments are no longer displayed.

Also, we need all of this working not only on the main page and category pages, but also on the search results pages.

Hi,

If you want to apply the above CSS to all pages, then use this one instead:

.post .entry-meta {
}

Kind Regards,
Csaba

You answered me again same not relevant answer like on Jun 26, 2018. Because that I ask you again… We need disable Categories / Tags Block into the main page, category pages and search results pages, but not for single posts pages.

Sincerely,
Valentine Kleinburd

Hi,

Ok, sorry, you can remove it on all pages except single-post pages with this Custom CSS:

.post .entry-meta {
}

.single-post .post .entry-meta {
    display: block !important;
}

Kind Regards,
Csaba

And keep displayed the date, the number of views and the number of comments into the main page, category pages and search results pages.

Hi,

Ok, sorry this isn’t 100% clear for me, do you only want to remove the tags / categories from the footer of the posts ( as circled on the first screenshot, not from the head of the posts )? You can remove only the post footer-meta with this Custom CSS:

.post .entry-meta.entry-footer {
}

.single-post .post .entry-meta.entry-footer {
}

Please let me know how it works and if this still isn’t what you wanted to achieve, then please post a screenshot and point out what you want to remove, so I can give you a working solution.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

I mean that after inserting the code given me for removing the tags / categories on the main page and the pages of category archives, in the preview of the posts (above the posts) the date and the number of comments disappeared, but we need continue to show above the posts the date and the number of comments as well as on the pages of posts.

Hi,

Sorry, this isn’t 100% clear for me, please post links to your website to the pages / page types where you still want to show the meta and it’s still removed with the above CSS I gave you.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Please, you can see and read what you need on the screenshot.

This link to the Kleinburd News Head Page http://kleinburd.ru/news

Hi,

Ok, please use this Custom CSS instead ( pease remove all CSS I gave you previously ), so you will remove only the bottom meta on all pages, except from the Blog Page and you can keep the meta from under the post title on all pages:

}

.home.blog .entry-meta.entry-footer {
}

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Why do not you look carefully at the code data before you send them to me?

You sent me the last time in Aug 24, 9:04 AM exactly contrariwise code data from what I asked you.

As a result, I myself moved parts of the fragments entangled by you.

I needed this code:

}

.home.blog .entry-meta.entry-footer {
}

…But I need this code with disabling Categories / Tags Block not only on the Home Page, but also on the Categories and Tags Archives Pages and Search Results Pages. Now do you finally understand me?

Where to disable Categories / Tags Block Footer:
Home Page, Categories Archives Pages, Tags Archives Pages, Search Results Pages.

Where to enable Categories / Tags Block Footer:
Post Pages only.

Where to enable Entry Meta (Data, Author and Number of Сomments):
All Pages.

Go now to the Home Page of the site http://kleinburd.ru/news/ That’s exactly how it looks now, I need to do the same and these pages: Categories Archives Pages, Tags Archives Pages, Search Results Pages.

Also, if you can help me please enter the number of page views instead of the author’s name.

P.S. Convincing request! Before you answer me, read everything written by me very carefully, so that you will not again send me another nonsense. How do you do it already the SECOND MONTH! Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Hi,

Ok, now I think it’s clear where you want to remove each element, sorry, but it was very confusing:

You can remove the entry footer on all pages ( except on single posts pages ) with this Custom CSS:

.entry-meta.entry-footer {
}

.single-post .entry-meta.entry-footer {
}

this won’t hide the entry-meta ( the top one ) from none of the pages.

Kind Regards,
Csaba