Horizontal Footer in Sydney Theme

I want to add a horizontal menu to a Sydney themed site, and the number of entries can be on the order of 7, so to keep the footer from being very large vertically, a horizontal arrangement is best. I have mildly succeeded by placing a single Text box into the Footer for a single row full width widget, and then simply placing the HTML in place to do so. However, since the class references are missing in my HTML, I do not get any hover text or click color notifications to indicate a valid link.

I did modify my functions.php and footer.php and got a secondary menu created that I could place into a widget, which is more preferred than the previous HTML method. However, this menu is arranged vertically which is very undesirable and I know of no option to change the orientation.

What do you recommend then to achieve a horizontal menu in the footer, centered across the footer region.

Hello,

It looks like this issue requires some coding and testing on different screen resolutions, this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization. As an option, you can find a reputable freelancer on Upwork for this kind of service.

Kind Regards, Roman.