Homepage with white space on the right, wider than screen

Hi there

I’m building my new website, and run into issues that can usually be fixed searching in this forum. But this time I can’t find the solution :

My homepage is here : rockinrobin.fr

On some laptop screens (but not all of them, and this doesn’t show on tablet or phones), the width of the website is slighlty larger than the screen, and I have a lateral scrolling bar. If I scroll to the right, I see a small white band that has nothing to do here.

You can see what I’m taking about here : https://s24.postimg.org/h4wve9kcl/White_Band.png

Thanks !
Rockin’Robin

Hi,

I’ve just checked your site and your site displayed as well. I didn’t see the white space on the right of your site, did you already resolved this issue?

Regards,
Awan

Hi, thanks for checking

No my problem is still here, but it is only on certain screens. I tried on another smaller laptop, and it wasn’t there.

I checked on my laptop with Firefox or IE, and both were showing this white space and lateral scrolling. Very strangely, when on Firefox I activate Firebug, these problems totally disappear and the website is showing normally.

I precise that this problem is only on the homepage, I don’t have such things on the other pages.

Any idea?..

Hi,

I can see the issue using Chrome on my laptop. Please try to reduce the width of the menu bar using this CSS code:

@media (min-width: 1200px){
  .home .site-header .container {
    width: 1150px;
  }
}

You can add the code in: Customize > additional CSS.

Regards,
Awan

Hi Awan thanks for checking again :slight_smile:

I tried this and the problem is still there.

I suspect the problem being from the main picture area since it’s the only thing that this page has that isn’t on others

What do you think?

Hi,

Can you create a temporary login details to your site and let me try to fix the issue directly?
You can send it to awan.rimbawan101 at gmail.

Regards,
Awan

Hi,

I can’t login to your site.
About the issue, can you deactivate the plugins on your site? and let see if its caused by the plugin or not.

Regards,
Awan

I deactivated each plugin one by one, and it seems that the issue only appears when both these 2 plugins are activated at the same time :

Page Builder by SiteOrigin
Yoast SEO

I couldn’t live without the Page Builder, but can do now without Yoast SEO. Yet, it’s a weird thing. Do you have an action to recommend or should I just remove Yoast SEO and use another SEO plugins?