Homepage: List of services

On the homepage where all the services are displayed I would like the feature images to have a link to to the service as well. Is that possible? Also it would be nice for the feature image or the title to have some kind of hover effect.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Alex

Hello Alex,

On the homepage where all the services are displayed I would like the feature images to have a link to to the service as well.

You can try to do the following.

1. Open the theme folder and edit inc/framework/widgets/front-services.php file using a text editor.

2. Find <?php the_post_thumbnail('astrid-small-thumb'); ?> string on line 127 and replace it with <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail('astrid-small-thumb'); ?></a>

But please note that you’ll have to repeat this modification after each theme update (however we might include this feature in future update).

Also it would be nice for the feature image or the title to have some kind of hover effect.

I would be glad to help you, but can you please describe what exactly you want to achieve?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Since I don’t want to redo the process after every theme update I just created a child theme. Currently it only contains a style.css file to import everything from astrid. How can I import the code above? Copy the existing front_services.php and then add the code? Or is there more to it?

Thanks!

Hello Alex,

First, please check this WordPress Codex page if you haven’t done it already:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Then create three empty recursive folders (inc/framework/widgets), and copy modified widget file there.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

You are the man! Everythings works out perfect. Regarding the hover effect: how about the same one that already exists for projects? Is it hard to use this for services featured images as well?

Thank you!

You are welcome Alex!

Please create a new topic for your hover issue to keep forum in good order and make it easier to help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
I’ll close this topic to avoid confusion.