Homepage Lead Image not showing up on small screens

Hi,

For some bizarre reason, the lead image does not display in screen sizes below 768px. I checked in the Responsinator device testing site, and screen sizes of 240,320 and 480 pixels just don’t show up the image at all. I’m not concerned about 240px but above that and till 767px it should show up the image and scale it properly.

Here’s the link: Page

Hello there,

I am sorry to hear you’ve run into an issue. Could you please confirm if it has happened from the first time or after you updated the WP to the latest version?

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks for responding Kharis.

NO, the Wp version is the same.

thanks,

him

Dear Him,

Thank you for the followup. It seems like the issue is about the responsive image feature which was introduced by WordPress 4.4. See the Make post. I am wondering if this issue also to happen even on other new page. Please create a blank page and replicate the lead image on your homepage.

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,

I created a blank page as you suggested and duplicated the image, but the problem is the same. Though strangely, on other static pages, the full width image is displayed on all screen sizes.

Isn’t the Sydney Pro theme updated till the Wordpress 4.4 and post that? My site is using wp 4.5.4 and now there is wp 4.6.1 available?

Link to the blank page.

thanks,

him

Hello??

It’s strange but only on the Homepage lead image there is a class .so-widget-image along with a srcset attribute. Is that causing the problem? because on my static pages, the lead images show up till 240px, unless I hide them.

Shouldn’t images (atleast all lead images on pages) be handled the same way?