Homepage issues

Hello there!

I downloaded the homepage layout following the instructions on the documentation video, but anytime I edit the contents in a particular section from the demo/dummy content, the background color turns white, and I’m not able to change the background color to anything else. It’s quite strange. I’ve had to re-download the content three times, but I still get the same issues. How can I fix this?

Also, the header image on the homepage is just shy of being the full width of the page. On the Astrid demo, the image spanned the entire width of the page, and I prefer it that way. Is there any way I can do the same with my image?

Please help!

Hello @wamosier,

I will be glad to help you, but can you please provide more details about your issue with screenshots and a link to your website to let me inspect it?

You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online screenshot services.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you for getting back to me, Roman. Unfortunately, I still couldn’t figure out why the homepage widget backgrounds were changing to white automatically, but I just left it as is and we now have a white background. That’s no longer an issue.

Also, miraculously, the header image fixed itself. It now spans the full width of the page. I do, however, have a new problem that involves the project/portfolio images not being the same size. Could you please help me with this? Should I be cropping them to the same size? Most of my projects have cropped automatically, but some are abnormal sizes.

Here is a screen shot: http://nlsde.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screen-shot.gif

Hello @wamosier,

Please try to use images of the same aspect ratio and see if it helps.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

One LAST Thing…

The header width problem I was having previously is happening again. Can you help please? I’m not even messing with the home page. It just seems to do it on its own.

http://nlsde.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screen.png

Hello @wamosier,

I have just checked this issue and looks like site is okay.

However, I noticed this issue when Zoom Out the page in browser.

So please make sure that page isn’t Zoomed Out.

Kind Regards, Roman.