Homepage Images not clickable after update to 1.09

Hello,

After updating to 1.09, an issue from the original version reappeared, and I can’t solve it:

• The 5 big image on the top is not clickable - only their titles. This was the issue in the original version which I’ve fixed (It’s not friendly to leave only the title clickable). Now I can’t find how to override the overlay which I’ve done before.
  • The same issue occur in the “GreatMag: Multiple category posts” - The posts that appear in the widget in only clickable by title and not the image. Again very unfriendly to users.
  • Tried previous solutions mentioned in this support forum, didn’t work.

Thank you,
Tal

Hello Tal, can you please provide a link to your website in order to let me check it?

You can use some link shortener if you don’t want to leave the link to your site in this topic.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello Roman,

Sure thing, the problem is that I made changes in a staging mode, because my website should be operational.
The live website before the upgrade (which works fine) is: http://bit.ly/2NyKTv2

Hello Tal,

I suppose that you have followed the Kharis’ instructions in this topic:

You can try to follow them again, and I’ll ask our Developer about this.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello Roman, thank you for personally looking into this.

I pasted the code in the Custom JS and in the Additional CSS. This time, it made the big “featured posts” images clickable as expected, but the widgets of “Multiple Category Posts” are still un-clickable - only on the titles. I’d love to find a solution to make the images clickable here as before.

Thanks again,
Tal

Hello Tal,

I’ve just checked your home page and it looks like all your thumbnails do have links there, so can you please provide a link to an affected page to let me check it?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello Roman.

The update is implemented on my staging site, as I don’t want to make my live site effected.
Can we move to private chat so I can give you access?

Thanks again,
Tal

Hello Tal,

Can we move to private chat so I can give you access?

You can send me the link to your staging site (I don’t need admin access yet, just a link) using the private messaging feature (you should see the Message button after clicking on my avatar image). But please include a link to this topic.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Sent as a private message.
Thanks.

Hello Tal,

1. Please update the theme to the version 1.10

2. Add this jQuery code using the Insert Headers and Footers plugin:

jQuery(document).ready(function(){
    jQuery('.widget_athemes-featured-posts-type-a .featured-item a').each(function(){
        let link = jQuery(this).attr('href')
        let item = jQuery(this).parents('.featured-item')
        item.wrap('<a href=' + link + '></a>');
    });
});

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support