Homepage anchor link

Hi Madeleine,

For English, use #pg-857-0 and
for Norwegian, use #pg-860-0

Since they are translated pages (basically new pages) new IDs are used.

Best Regards

Amazingly happy :slight_smile:
Thank you so much for your help!
Madeleine :slight_smile:

Hi again, actually… I have now changed the code on every page under Customize, just where I put the vode for the swedish code to start with.

It doesn’t work unfortunately. As you can see I have changed the name of the Call to Action Button. I’ve done that once. Just wanted to show you that the name then changes on all three pages the swedish one, the english one and the norwegian page.

Seems like it is the same with the #pg … Changing it on one page, makes the same code on every page.

Please, advice.

Madeleine

Hi Madeleine,

Polylang support is added in Sydney theme version 1.10, and you are currently using 1.08. Please update theme. After update save slider settings for primary language, and from polylang settings > String translations add translations for your slider and of course for link button (different IDs).

Best Regards

Hi Dimikjones, thanks so much for your reply.

I want to upgrade to hte Sydney theme version 1.10

How do I do that? I’m sorry I can’t seem to find where.

Grateful for help.

Best regards,

Madeleine

Hi Madeleine,

Appearance > Themes > and on Sydney theme hit update, or you can delete it and install new version (you wont lose anything), and you will have latest version.

Best Regards

Hi Dimikjones, yes of course. I’m so sorry. I somehow thought perhaps it was the pay version.

The Sydney theme is now updated to: Version 1.17

Question:
How do you mean that “Polylang support is added in Sydney theme version 1.10”?

Can I now ask you questions?

Best regards,

Madeleine

Hi Madeleine,

From version 1.10 and above slider variables are wrapped within polylang functions, and now you can translate them for different languages from WP admin > polylang settings > String translations.

Hi Dimikjones, thank you for your resonse.

I am not sure I understand completely, might be the English as well so I will have to sit down and translate. English is not my native language.

• Do you mean that Polylang comes integrated into from version 1.10?
  • Does that mean I have to take anything into consideration, since I already have Polylang installed since before? As I understand I will loose all text if ever uninstalling Polylang. Does, having Sydney theme 1.10 or higher mean that I again have text in another place so if ever uninstalling Sydney theme I will also loose the text saved?

(I have bavkups through my webbhotel, but this is completely another thing that doesn’t cover that.)

Best regards,

Madeleine

Hi Madeleine,

This means that from sydney version 1.10 and above you can translate slider strings and anchors to different languages http://screencast.com/t/MG3beR8ANq so you can different different text inside slider, and you can set anchors which will work on translated pages. Polylang is not coming preinstalled, and these options will become available after plugin installation.

Currently you have correct theme version, and plugin installed, so you just have to create your translations as instructed in screenshot.

Best Regards