Home page's gallery doesn't work

Hi!

My website is: www.ceciliapellicer.com

I’ve been using a different gallery for showing my work (not porfolio plugin) and it worked right since now. Suddenly, the gallery disappeared and now it shows the code, as you can see in the screenshot:

I use the same gallery, with the same code in other part of the site: http://www.ceciliapellicer.com/servicios/ so it’s not a matter of the plugin.

Hello @cecip,

1. Can you please make sure that you have the gallery with id of 4?

2. If you do have the gallery with id of 4, but it doesn’t display, then I kindly suggest you to contact plugin support and see what they say.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

Yes, I have the gallery with id of 4. In fact, as I said before, I use the same gallery code here: http://www.ceciliapellicer.com/servicios/ and it works well, so I figure the problem doesn’t lie in plugin.

Yes @cecip, looks like the problem is not in plugin, looks like you are using incorrect shortcode. Please try to use the following shortcode as described here.

[supsystic-gallery id=4 position="center"]

Kind Regards, Roman.

No, it doesn’t work neither. Anyway, If the problem were the code, it wouldn’t work neither on the other page because I copied and pasted the same code.

Best regards.

Hi,

Can you add your portfolio shortcode in the same type of widget as you did on the page it’s working on? On your homepage you have in a regular text widget whereas on the other page you have it in the TinyMCE widget.

The problem, most likely, is that your plugin doesn’t filter the text widget to allow shortcodes. I assume you had another plugin activated that was doing the filtering and you disabled, that’s why it stopped working.

Hi @Vlad, now it works.

What it happened was that I had deactivated portfolio plugin because I wasn’t using it and I thought its functioning was different, but now I see that it’s important in home page, at least. On the other page I used SiteOrigin plugin (I don’t know plugin TinyMCE), the same as the main page, but it seems that I don’t understand how it really works.

Thank you both for your help.
Best regards.

The portfolio plugin is not actually important or needed. Only thing is that it adds some code that is needed to run shortcodes in text widgets and your other portfolio plugin does not add this code, that’s why it doesn’t work.

You could for example disable our portfolio plugin and use the Code Snippets plugin instead and add this in it:

add_filter( 'widget_text', 'do_shortcode' );