Home Page v My Front Page

I thought I had understood the front page and adapting the sections to my needs but I am not so sure now. I have kept the My Front page as a static page and amended some sections and also added new other pages such as privacy. What I do not understand is:

i) How do I designated the My Front Page as the Home page as that is what viewers would wish to land on or click? I tried amending the title from My front page to home Page but that went wrong. I also tried creating a new home page and selecting front page but that only showed the trial text of the home page and not all the other template sections.

ii) I have added text using site builder to some sections of my front page but depending on where I click in wordpress I get a completely whole version of my front page with the latin text and none of my text. For example if I click in the wordpress welcome screen View Front Page the latein text version appears.

iii) what is the differnce between my blog and blog pages. Some of the videos etc refer to a blog archive as though one is the archive and the other the current blog input but that again seems to differ according to where you click.

My site is http://hr-management-dimensions.co.uk/HRMDmn/

Help would be appreciated as I am going in circles now.

Hello Jim,

1. Please watch this video:

2. Can you please provide some explanatory screenshots?

You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online screenshot services.

3. When you are selecting a static front page you can select a blog page. It’s just a blank page with any name you want: “My Blog”, “News”, etc.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman thank you for your reply. I think I have understood what to do which is to create new pages and also new sections on the front page rather than be confused by the demo content.

The video link was helpful thanks.

You are welcome Jim,

I’m glad that it was helpful!

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.