[home page slider] fullscreen slider display glitch

Yes, this is a repost of my comment on the thread in the Sydney forum, but I realized that topic is marked as “Resolved” and my comment may get missed.

I’m using the Sydney Pro theme and I am encountering a glitch on my home page in the form of a white bar / “header”. The following steps produce the white bar every time:

1. Load page
  2. Scroll down and click link on page
  3. Hit back button and scroll up

I’ve found that the first image displays properly, and then the subsequent images have the white header above them. The size/height of the white box appears to vary based on how far down the page you scrolled before clicking a link.

My site is Pipeline-Tools.com. I’m not thrilled with having the site live right now with this glitch, but it is what it is until you get it fixed.

I also found that the following works to produce the white box:

1. Load page
  2. Scroll down
  3. Refresh page
  4. Scroll up

I should probably mention that I’m using Chrome (Version 46.0.2490.86 m), WordPress 4.3.1, and the most up to date Sydney Pro theme.

Hello there,

Thank you for reporting.

As I can’t replicate the issue on our demo site. Could you please give an access to your site admin area so I can inspect the slider settings directly? Please send the login credentials to my email kharisblank at gmail dotcom.

Warmest regards,
Kharis

Hello there,

In order to fix the issue, could you please try to add the following CSS through the Simple Custom CSS plugin?

.header-slider .slide-item{
  background-position: 50% 0px !important;
}

Let me know how it goes. I’ll wait to hear back from you regarding your stats.

Warmest regards,
Kharis

I’ve had this problem on my site before. I was able to replicate the error on Matthew’s site but not mine right now. If I can replicate the issue again, I’ll give the CSS a go as well.

That did it, thank you for addressing this quickly.

Dear Matthew,

You’re welcome.

I’m glad to have an opportunity to assist you.

Warmest regards,
Kharis