Home page as posts + custom text?

Have home page set to display latest posts (works great). Is there a way to also display some custom text above those posts? (Even in header images is fine, but not via “tagline” option, which is already used for other text.)

Thank you!

Hello,

I would be glad to help you, but I’m not sure what exactly you want to achieve.

Can you please provide a link to your website and some explanatory screenshots?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Very kind of you. Thank you!

Site: http://bit.ly/2UFDAFz

I’d like to be able to put some text above where the posts appear in those three columns. Like in that area right below the blue line below the main header/hero image and above the three columns, ideally spanning across the columns. Hope this helps!

Hello,

You can create a new page and set it as a static page in Customize → Homepage Settings.

Then you should be able to add text and posts. You can add posts using these or similar plugin:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Yes, that makes a lot of sense. The downside is that those plugins aren’t as nice as the native post preview. But I could manage. Is there a way to configure the default widgets to stay hidden the way they do on the “make home page just posts” configuration natively? Thanks!

Hello,

Is there a way to configure the default widgets to stay hidden the way they do on the “make home page just posts” configuration natively?

1. You can try to use WooSidebars or Widget Logic plugin in order to display (or not) different widgets on different pages. Here is the WooSidebars plugin documentation:
    https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woosidebars-2/

2. Then you can stretch content area with CSS, but please provide a link to that blog page in order to let me provide CSS code that will target that page only.

Kind Regards, Roman.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.