Hide spade below social profile

Hello guys,
I added social profile in the footer of my website but there is a lot of space between the widget and the “powered by wordpress” section.
How can I remove it?

I added the following css code and managed to remove the space above the widget, but margin-bottom or padding-bottom won’t work the same.

.social-menu-widget {
margin-top: -5%;
}

Can you please help? Also, is it possible to send you the link to my website in pm?
Thank you very much in advance!

Hi,

I need to check it directly. You can send me a PM for the link.

Regards,
Awan

Hello Awan,
I sent you a pm. Hope you received it. I have another issue with this widget apart from the space that I want to hide.
I added the following code in additional css trying to make social media icons white & turn green on hover,
.social-menu-widget a {
color: white !important;
}
.social-menu-widget a:hover {
color: #72baaf;
}

The code for hover works fine when it is in css alone. When I add the 1st block for the color, on hover effect stops working. Thanks again in advance!

Hi,

I just checked your site. You need to add !important rule too to the code. Use this instead for the hover color:

.social-menu-widget a:hover {
   color: #72baaf !important;
}

Regards,
Awan

Ok thanks! And what about the space below social icons? How can I hide this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

You can remove the space using this CSS code:

.footer-widgets {
    padding-bottom: 0;
}

Thanks a lt! They both work. Is it possible to get the icons even closer to copyright? There is still some extra space I would like to remove if possible.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Sure! add this:

#sidebar-footer .social-menu-widget {
    margin-top: 0;
}
#sidebar-footer .widget_fp_social {
    margin-bottom: 0;
}

If you want to decrease the space above the icons, please replace the previous code with this:

.footer-widgets {
    padding: 10px;
}

Thanks a lot Awan! Everything works and it looks great :slight_smile: