Hide Featured Image on Post

Site: proximity.church

I’m trying to hide the featured image on the post itself, but still use the featured image to show on the front page for easier visibility. I’ve found that adding the code below to Custom CSS will hide the featured image from the post…but it also hides it from the home page. Looks like they’re calling the same class.

.entry-thumb {
    display: none;
}

Is there any way to hide it only on the post itself and not affect the featured image from displaying on the home page? Front page is displaying posts via “Rocked FP: Latest News”

Is it just this one post you want to hide the featured image on or all posts? If the former then you’ll want to target the post id. Here’s how to find that: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/where-can-find-the-post-id?replies=5

And then we can give you some CSS - just come back here with the post id and a link to the post, if possible.

Charlie

Hi Charlie, I’m hoping to hide featured images on all posts to keep it clean and simple. Especially since most posts will contain an embedded video.

Hello @cstout,

Please try to use the following CSS code to hide featured images only on post pages.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard → Appearance → Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

.single-post .entry-thumb {
    display: none;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman, that worked perfectly. Thanks so much!

You are welcome @cstout!

Also you can just go to your DashboardAppearanceCustomizeBlog options → scroll all the way down → check Hide featured images on single posts? checkbox → click Save & Publish → enjoy :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Wow! I can’t believe I’ve never noticed that option. I went ahead and switched it over to that checkbox instead of Custom CSS to keep my list of CSS mods minimal. Thanks again!

You are always welcome @cstout!

I am glad that it helped you :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi There,

Would this affect how the featured image gets displayed when you share a link via FB or whatsapp for example?

I need to use the featured image to display on shared links, but I do not want it to display on the blog, as the first blog image is the same as the featured image.

I have also tried the checkbox under theme customiser, but it doesn’t work…
Could that be caused by another plugin?

Hello,

You can try to specify your sharing images in this case, here is an extensive tutorial:

I have also tried the checkbox under theme customiser, but it doesn’t work…

Please create a new topic for this issue to keep forum in good order and make it easier to help you. I’ll close this topic to avoid confusion, hope for your understanding.

Kind Regards, Roman.

closed #11