Hide Featured image for post

I need to use a featured image for sharing links, but I don’t want it to display on the pages or the posts. The featured image is the same as the first image of the post, but the link sharing does not grab the first image, only the featured image…

Is there a way around this?

The website is drc-crossroads.org.za

Hello,

Featured image shouldn’t be visible in posts by default. But if you have issues with social networks sharing then you can check this extensive tutorial:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi There,

Thank you for the response.

I have now added the featured image and it showing the featured image, but the theme option has not been ticked, when I go to the customisation window.

Could this be a plugin?

Hello,

…and it showing the featured image, but the theme option has not been ticked…

I’m not sure what exactly you mean. What isn’t showing the featured image? And which option has not been ticked?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Under theme customise, there is an option to tick whether a featured image gets displayed on the pages or posts.

I have not ticked the box… any of them. And yet the featured image is still displaying even though the default is to hide them.

Hello, thank you for explanation.

I have just checked this post and there is no featured image displayed, only content images. Have you already resolved this issue?

Kind Regards, Roman.