Help with Excerpt length in Blog page

Hi,

I purchased Sydney Pro a while ago and have managed to make everything work beautifully. Except that on the Blog page masonry grid style, the excerpt length is creating problems. Fact is, some of the old posts have manual excerpts while others do not. Changing the excerpt length has no effect.
Screenshot

I would like the posts to be even sized in height.

thanks,

him

Hello Him,

I will be glad to help you, but can you please provide a link to your website to let me inspect it?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

I am currently working in localhost, that is why I shared the screenshot. The Excerpt length in Blog Options does not affect these excerpts. If there is anything else you need, like my child theme CSS or anything else, let me know.

thanks,

him

Hello Him,

Can you please try to remove Read More tags and manual excerpts from posts?

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
Actually, it looks like you can keep Read More tags, just try to remove manual excerpts.

Hi Roman,

I can’t remove manual excerpts, they are in dozens.

a) Is there a way to force manual excerpt length? I did find a couple of snippets for functions.php but they all dealt with the default excerpt function.

b) Is there a way I can change the height of the posts in the grid setup so they are equal heights? I could not find the template where the Blog grid code is, where I can add a class and target it via css.

many thanks,

him

Hello Him,

Please try to use the following CSS code to set fixed post height on masonry blog page, then it shouldn’t be necessary to force manual excerpt length.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard → Appearance → Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

body.blog div#primary.masonry-layout article.post {
    height: 500px;
    overflow-y: hidden;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks for the code Roman, I was able to get them to desired height. Appreciate your help.

Another issue, the last entry on blog page shows “Older Posts” written in red, but no link. I would instead like to use Page-Navi to show pagination, but where do I insert the page-navi code?

thanks,

him

Hello Him,

Please check this topic:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman.

You are welcome Him,

And have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.