Help with a few items

Hello
Trying to setup my home page and would like help on the following as I’m new to wp:

1- how to have transparent header with sticky menu with white background? Also to reduce header size?

2- how to set up a one page menu? I know I have to use id on columns but where do I add?

3- how to have a row with a back ground image to cover entire width and leave no margins on either side.

Thanks in advance for the
help.

I have managed to figure out a few items but would really appreciate help on one page menu.

Hello @Z11,

All you have to do to create page jumps is to create your menu items as custom links and use this link structure:

http://example.com/#section-id

Just replace http://example.com/ with your home page URL, and #section-id with the id of respective section.

You can find the id of an element by doing a right-click on it, select Inspect element and find something like this:

<div id="pg-220-1" class="panel-grid"… - in this case, pg-220-1 is the id of a div element.

For more information you can refer to this guide.

I hope that it will help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Ramon
great help. i found the page ID with your instructions and applied to custom menu and it worked. I made another change to he sticky menu by installing a header plugin for the sticky menu to change colour as it scrolls down and it worked on my laptop. but n Ipad the header is different and:
a: still has the black background which i want removed
b: my menu has now become a drop down menu and i looking for the same header menu as lap top/pc version.

any way to resolve this ?

Tnx

Apologies Roman not ramon ! iphone’s fault

Hello @Z11,

Mobile menu in Sydney theme is different to make it more usable on small screens. Changing it requires some coding and testing, so this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization.

As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman. I will look into that. But on iPad it was fine before but Im not sure why it now has a drop down menu.

Hello. I’m new to this, and I hope i’m in the right area to post.
With Sydney theme (free) can you change the text (Welcome to Sydney, feel free to look around, and Ready to begin your journey!?) I’ve looked through the dashboard under customize theme, but I can’t see it anywhere… Also. Where are the background images located as well…
Thank you…

@viper

Please start a new thread if you require help.

I suggest you have a look at Sydney tutorial video on YouTube.