Help! About Me Widget Not Displaying Text

Hi,

I tried to follow instructions I found on here to modify the About Me Widget (fp-about.php code in Editor) in order to display paragraphs. I followed these instructions:

1. In the wordpress admin panel, go to appearance -> editor 2. On the right hand side of the page, under templates, search for fp-about.php and click 3. Then like Vlad says, – Replace $instance[‘about_text’] = strip_tags($new_instance[‘about_text’]); with $instance[‘about_text’] = wp_kses_post($new_instance[‘about_text’]); 4. Replace $about_text = isset( $instance[‘about_text’] ) ? esc_textarea($instance[‘about_text’]) : ”; with: $about_text = isset( $instance[‘about_text’] ) ? $instance[‘about_text’] : ”; 5. Click on update file About us will now reflect line breaks!

The text in the widget disappeared. I panicked and changed everything back. There is still no text. I dont know what to do. Is there some where I can find the full original code and just paste on whatever I screwed up to make things go back to normal? Please help!

Hi,

To revert it back to default, re-download the theme and un-zip it, then replace fp-about.php from your server ( from wp-content / themes / quill / ) with the default one you just downloaded.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Thank you Csaba. Your suggested helped resolve my issue.

Hi,

Great! You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please, feel free to open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba