Header YouTube Video doesn't play

Hi y’all,

I’m using the Astrid theme and originally I had uploaded a short video for the header area on the homepage. It was just under the 8MB limit, but it also slowed down the load time on the site. So I thought I would try to upload it to YouTube instead and link to it. Appearances > Header > Enter YouTube URL

The problem is the video won’t play from YouTube. I’ve checked multiple browsers and it only seems to play while I’m looking at the back end of the site. Doesn’t play for visitors. Is there something I’m missing to make this work?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am happy to help with your queries.

I can’t reproduce the issue with my test site. I am sorry.

Can you share a link to your website needing help with, so I can inspect it directly?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Here’s a link to the website: https://eblawtexas.com
Here’s what I see in Chrome and Firefox. It seems to be working in Edge.

Hi,

I visited your homepage with my Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. And the header video plays fine on them. I didn’t experience the issue as reported. I guess it is user’s device/software specific issue. Can you check the versions of your web browsers? Are they the latest?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thanks for checking Kharis. I’m running the latest versions of everything, but if it’s fine for you then hopefully it’s fine with my clients. Maybe it’s a weird cache issue for me. Let me check with my clients and make sure it looks good to them.

Thanks,
Matt

You’re welcome Matt!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support