Header text not appearing on desktop view - mobile appears fine

Hello Athemes,

I have recently added some custom css found on this forum to my site. But for some reason, the header slider text disappears in desktop.

While i’m in live editor it seems to be showing, but when viewing it on the browser while not logged in it does not appear. On mobile it appears fine and the added CSS seems to be working as intended while in customizer/live editor (Desktop: Slider text and button aligned to the left on desktop; Mobile View: aligned to the center with some slight padding on top, with the mobile menu aligned to the left). Please help.

website www.illumusmarketing.com

code

@media only screen and (min-width:1025px){	 	
.slide-inner{	 	 
 text-align: right;	 	 
}	 	 
.text-slider{	 	 
 display: table;	 	 
 text-align: left;	 	 
 float: right;	 	 
 padding-top: 50px	 	 
}	 	 
.button-slider{	 	 
 clear: both;	 	 
 float: left;	 	 
 margin-left: 5px;	 	 
}	 	 
.text-slider .maintitle:after{	 	 
 left: 0;	 	 
 right: auto;	 	 
 margin-left: 0;	 	 
}	 	 

}	 	 
.site-header {	 	 
 margin-top: 15px;	 	 
 background-color: rgba(30,120,120,0.9);	 	 
}	 	 
.home .fp-content-area {	 	 
 padding-top: 5px;	 	 
 padding-bottom: 0px;	 	 
}	 	 
@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {	 	 
 .btn-menu {	 	 
 float: left;	 	 
 margin: 0 0px 0;	 	 
 }	 	 
 .site-header {	 	 
 }	 	 
}

And i’ve done the plugin thing

Hello,

I’ve just checked your header slider and it looks like some JavaScript conflict. You can try to temporarily deactivate all your plugins except Sydney Toolbox and Page Builder by SiteOrigin, and see if it helps.

Kind Regards, Roman.

As mentioned before your reply, I already tried the plugin deactivation troubleshooting tip usually recommended and deactivated everything except Page Builder. But still nothing changes. The only thing that changes it is if i remove the CSS code that places the slider text to the left of the page. (lines 1-9). But those CSS lines dont look unusual.Any idea? Is it a bug in the theme?

Also just tested the css to see if there was anything wrong with the code on the W3 CSS site and it says the code has zero errors. I’ve unplugged all plugins and still nothing. Is there anything in the code I posted above that could possibly be conflicting with the theme. And if so, how do I fix this?

narrowed it down to this lines of code. Whenever I remove these lines it appears again. The only problem is that the subtext of the slider text doesn’t align with the Slider header text. Please view site linked above for reference. What alternate code can I use instead of

.text-slider{	 	 
 display: table;	 	 
 text-align: left;	 	 
 float: right;	 	 
 padding-top: 50px	 	 
}

Nevermind. I figured it out by redoing the code for the section posted above. For anyone looking to align the slider content to the left, the CSS is here. Simply adjust the margin px. media only screen wrapper on beginning is to make the changes to desktop only. Remove top line if you want changes to affect both desktop and mobile. And Athemes…thanks for the errrrrr…support?

@media only screen and (min-width:1025px){
	.text-slider .maintitle{
         margin-right: 500px; 
	 padding-top: 150px;
}
.text-slider .subtitle{
padding-right: 600px}

.button-slider{	 	 	 	 	 	 
 margin-right: 1000px;	 	
	}	 	 
.text-slider .maintitle:after{	 	 
 left: 0;	 	 
 right: auto;	 	 
 margin-left: 0;	 	 
}

}

Hello,

And i’ve done the plugin thing

Now I understand that it means you tried to deactivate plugins :slight_smile:

For anyone looking to align the slider content to the left, the CSS is here.

Great, thanks for sharing it!

thanks for the errrrrr…support?

I understand that it’s sarcasm, but you are welcome :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.