Header text and button in mobile view expands passed header section

I’ve got a handful of JS and CSS to help get my Header to work in regular desktop view and I’ve tried all the different CSS codes I could find on this forum to manipulate the header section size or move/resize the header text in mobile view, but nothing seems to make it change. I have a feeling one of my other CSS scripts is overriding anything I add, but I can’t seem to figure it out.

www.eblawtexas.com

Ideally, I’d like to expand the header section to be a bit bigger, move the header text, subtext, and (logo)image higher. I’d also like to make the header text and subtext white instead of black and have the “Services” heading below the “How can we help?” button.

Thank you for the help!
Matt

Hi Matt,

Try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

@media only screen and (max-width: 991px) {

.header-image, 
      #wp-custom-header-video {
        height: 100vh !important;
      }

}

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

Thanks for responding. I tried the code and nothing changed. I did notice something interesting though in resizing the Chrome window to test different responsive sizes. At a certain point in shrinking the viewable window towards what would be a mobile window most of my CSS and JS seems to be getting overridden and the font goes from white to black and the opacity of the video playing in the background changes. I don’t know if it’s correlated to why the code you had me try didn’t work or not, but did find it interesting.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

I noticed your site has active caching. You should flush it whenever some changes applied. If not, the web browser will only load the cached version of your website. You may also need to clear cache, history, and cookie on your web browser and restart it before reloading your site.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hey Kharis,

I cleared the cache again (on the site and browser) and viewed on multiple platforms and still no change.
Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Matthew Dwight