Header Slider is grayed out

We just upgraded to Sydney Pro version Version: 1.57 When the upgrade was complete the header slider seemed to become grayed out and the call to action button no longer works.

We were experiencing an issue with updating the theme but resolved it following these steps Update Unauthorized

We went through and deactivated then reactivated plugins one at a time but no change was noticed.

Hello there,

How did you setup your slider? Please provide us a link to your website, so we can inspect what’s happening with it.

Sydney Pro version 1.57 is a bit older. The latest version is 2.0.17. What is blocking you from updating? Perhaps updating could fix your issue.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello,

We set up the header via the header slider, I believe in the theme.

Our website is http://www.lgsrecreation.org/

I am not sure what might be holding up the update for the newer version. It currently doesn’t show any available updates, but I will look to see if there are any updates in another place that needs to be done first.

Really appreciate your taking a look at it.

Thank you!

Hello there,

Apologies for the inconvenience. It looks like the additional overlay background color (gray) overlies the slide text on stopped text slider mode. To avoid this, add below CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

.slide-inner.text-slider-stopped {
      z-index: 5;
    }

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

That has fixed it. Thank you so much! We normally have the slider rotating images, will I need to change the css code when we go back to that?

Hello there,

> We normally have the slider rotating images, will I need to change the css code when we go back to that?

You don’t need that code anymore when rotatling slide images is activated as
.text-slider-stopped class name only presents when text slider mode is on.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support