Header overlaps (but not on every page)

Hello, I used Sydney for many projects but now there´s a problem with the header. I use the presettings for the distance and on some pages the header overlaps the content. I use css via customizer to have a fixed white bg but the error is also there when I remove the css.

here is the css if that helps:

.site-header {
background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.9) !important;
}

Hello,

Can you please provide a link to an affected page in order to let me check it?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello Roman,

here is a link to a affected page: http://albrecht-windowfilm-shop.de/rundum/impressum/

thanks!

Hello, thank you for the link.

Try to set 102px for Page wrapper - top padding in Customize → General section.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Thanks for the reply. That will only move the header so it wont overlap but it should be like on the start page, all pages should be equal.

Hello,

You want to get white opaque header, as far as I understand. If it’s correct, you can try to use this CSS code instead of what you have posted above:

header#masthead.site-header {
    background-color: white !important;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello Roman,

I tried this css code to see if the old code is causing the error but it´s still the same problem.

There´s space between the header an content area on the “start page” - that is good.
But all other pages don´t have that space between header and content - that is the problem.

If this info is any help: The mobile version is fine. The error only appears at the full screen (desktop) version.

Hello, thank you for the additional details.

Try to set 150px instead of 102px for Page wrapper - top padding in Customize → General section.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

…and also add this CSS code:

.header-clone {
    display: none;
}

It´s all good now! :blush:

I had the same problem with a different new sydney website. I deactivated all plugins, rolled the versions back, removed all the added css and set everything like on older sydney sites and this error was still there. Maybe this is important for your future updates. But with the code and 150px it´s all fine now.

Thanks Roman for your support and patience!

Great, you are welcome! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support