Header Media not shown on Secondary language pages

Hello,

I am using Polylang along with Sydney Theme, so that I can create web site in two languages.
On all the pages that are in the defaul language (English), Header Media is shown correctly (Randomize uploaded pictures).
But when I try to open pages in the secondary language, Header media pictures are missing. Only Menu, page content and Footer is shown.
I made page duplication on of the English pages, and on the duplicate I have only change to be shown in the secondary language and again, Header Media is not shown.
As soon as I change back the language to the default langauage, Header Media will be shown again.

Am I missing something?

Hello there,

Sorry I can’t reproduce the same issue on my test site. Could you please share the links to the pages in question, so I can have a look.

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,

I am using Sydney theme, but regarding some limitations I am considering to swith to the PRO version.
But first I would like to know some things, since I could not see or found on the Sydney PRO web page.

1. On they Sydney free theme, on the home page image slider, in the Full screen slider I can only insert 5 images, while I need to insert up to 10 images.
    Is this covered in the the PRO versio, but with the integrated Full screen slider and not with the Crelly slider?
    Regarding the Crelly slider, while I tried to reproduce the effect with 10 images on the home page and to simulate the look like with the Integrated full screen slider, I tried the Crelly Slider, selected “No header, menu only” in the Header type and insterted the Crelly slide.
    The thing is that Top menu now is not entirely transparent when it come over the image slider (with top margin of -200) like with the integrated image slider, but is semi transparent.
    Is there a way to avoid this?

Best regards,

Marjan Tankovski

Hello Marjan,

To add more slide item, please try this jQuery code solution.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

yes, thank you very much. This works great.

If you can just tell me how can I remove the button that is showed by default “empty rectangular” under the Main Title and Subtitle.

I suppose this would be the action button, which I have disabled for the initial 5 slides.

regards,

Marjan

Hi Marjan,

Try adding this extra CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

.header-slider .slide-item:nth-of-type(6) .button-slider,
    .header-slider .slide-item:nth-of-type(7) .button-slider,
    .header-slider .slide-item:nth-of-type(8) .button-slider,
    .header-slider .slide-item:nth-of-type(9) .button-slider,
    .header-slider .slide-item:nth-of-type(10) .button-slider {
      display: none;
    }

.slide-item:nth-of-type(6) means selecting 6th slide item.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

The code for adding additional Slide to Sydney is working just fine.

I have one more question though.

Since my webpage is Multilanguage, The main title and Subtitle for the initial 5 slides are shown in the String Translation (Polylang) under Languages, so I can choose how the text will be translated in the different languages.

Problem is that the text from the additional slides which is put directly into the code, is not appearing in the String translation so that I can insert translations for each of the Slides.

Is there any elegant solution for this issue?

Regards,

Marjan Tankovski

Hello there,

String translation of the slide content is only available in pro version of Sydney. You may consider to upgrade.

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,

I hope that you can help me on couple of things.

Major focus on our page that we are preparing is focused on the Header Image Slider on the Home Page.

With the help of your CSS code, from previous mail, we have imanaged and nserted 10 image slides with according texts and this is great.

First thing that we are missing is ability to change the Font on the image sliders, and second to change the Font Size for the both rows.

Second thing that we wanted to be able to do is the following. Since our web is dual language (ENG/MKD) with Polylang.

We wanted to have different text on the same image depending from the language.

I have seen that you provided code for such need, but this was for “different call action button” for different language (in the example was for ITA/ENG).

Can something similar be done for the text in the image slider with help of CSS code??

For the end, as I noticed from the change log, latest update For Sydney 1.50, you are disabling the Slider?? Does this mean that if I update I will lose the ability of the Image slider that we use mostly??

If this is true, I have tried to instali the Crelly Slider you say you are using in Sydney PRO.

Tried to disable Header Image Slider, and simulate the same with the Crelly Slider, but the thing is that we have empty white spacing from top, below the Menu and the Logo. Is this manageable with CSS code to so that we can have the effect of the Header Image Slider of Sydney all over the screen and Munu over this images??

Best regards,

Marjan Tankovski

You can manage font family and size for those with this simple CSS code:

.text-slider .maintitle {
  font-size: 30px;
  font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
}

.text-slider .subtitle {
  font-size: 18px;
  font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
}

In order to avoid endless discussion and make us easier to help you, please post your questions in separate topics. Use one topic for one question.

Regards,
Kharis