Header logo appears on pages

Hello!
Under “Pages” I’ve created some new pages. When I click on them from the home page, the logo from the homepage’s header appears at the top of my new page. I don’t want that - I only want my logo at the top of my header page and that is all. How can I remove this?
Thank you in advance!
Cailley
http://henry.joshschuyler.com/

Hi,

You can remove the logo from all pages except the homepage with this Custom CSS:

.site-logo {
    display: none !important;
}

.home .site-logo {
    display: block !important;
}

Please add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also add the CSS to wp-admin -> Appearance -> Customizer -> Additional CSS so you won’t loose the changes after Theme or WordPress updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Thank you! That did work. But actually, could I change that question a bit? I want to keep the logo on all pages, but not the bar of color in the background of it (see screengrab below, the grey bar of color behind logo & menu - it almost blends in with the photograph but not quite!). Is there a way to make that transparent? So the logo and menu is at the top of the page but you can see the photography I have underneath?
Thanks!!

Hi,

It’s already transparent on all pages except homepage with this Custom CSS:

body:not(.home) .site-header {
    background-color: transparent;
}

so it is transparent now and also it’s positioned absolute, so it should show the header above the image. I can’t see the exact page you’ve posted the screenshot from, so if you have this issue only on that page, then please post a link to that page, so I can check why the menu isn’t transparent there.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Thanks Csaba. I also thought that it should appear transparent with that css. But, as you can see on this page http://henry.joshschuyler.com/paper20, the color isn’t so much transparent as it is grey.
For example, I should see the rest of the black stone underneath where the Home/About Us/Contact menu buttons are. Is that possible?

Cheers,
Cailley

Hi,

There is a header-clone with 170px height on that page, that will make the menu to not look like it has a transparent background, but you can remove this header-clone with this Custom CSS:

.page-template-page_front-page .header-clone {
    height: 0 !important;
}

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hi! That did make the header transparent, but it also shifted the page (with text “under construction”) too far up so it’s running into the logo. Screengrab attached.

Hi,

You must add more space on top of the header image with this Custom CSS, because now the menu is positioned over the image:

.panel-row-style-for-995-0 {
    padding-top: 160px !important;
}

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Thank you, that worked! Do you know how I could apply that padding to all my pages? (that just worked to adjust the first page, “Benefits.”
Cheers,
Cailley

Oh I figured it out by going in and changing the row padding individually!
Thanks for all your help again (and again) Csaba!

Hi,

Great! You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
Csaba