Header Issue and Services Issue

Hi,

I think I got bugs because I tried deleting the theme and re-installing it but i still have issues.

first: Header. I want a fixed header on both mobile version and web. I played around the header and it just doesn’t work.

second: the tagline does not fit into one line. Hot homemade content since the end of the world.

third: the services, the symbols for services don’t work. I copy and paste those symbols but they don’t work for whatever reasons.

my web: sassymissyeats.com

Hi,

1. On Mobile it’s not recommended to make fixed header, because if the header is fixed, then it may cover some part of the banner area, but if you really want to have fixed header you can do that by using this Custom CSS:
@media only screen and (max-width: 991px) {
.site-header.fixed {
    position: fixed !important;
}
}
  1. You can fix the site description to fit in one line with this Custom CSS:
.site-description {
    font-size: 15px !important;
}
  1. Which symbols? Where you want to use symbols? Can you give me an example?

Add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also use this plugin to add the CSS to it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/ so you will not loose the changes on theme updates.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,
thank you for your reply

i meant a fixed header on the web version as well. I like the mobile version which is fixed so i’d like it to be fixed on the web version too.

If you open my website: sassymissyeats.com and scroll down to services,you’ll see what i mean. I used various icons specified in the theme link but they won’t show up.

and also: a headline is not yet resolved too. what’s the ideal space between the name of the website and tagline?

Thanks

Hello?

you never got back to me and none of the issues has been resolved.

it’s vert frustrating

Hi,

Sorry, I didn’t understood your issue correctly, you can make your site header fixed ( so to remove the scrolling menu ) with this Custom CSS:

.site-header.fixed {
    position: absolute !important;
}

.site-header.float-header {
    display: none !important;
}

For the Services Icons, issue, please make sure to use the correct icon names, for example instead of “facebook” use “fa-facebook” and also double check if the icon name you try to use is a correct one, you can see the full list here: https://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba