Header Image too big on mobile or reduced browser window

Hello, I’m really satisfied by the Sidney Theme. I have only a litlle problem, when I open my website with a mobile, because the black header image is too high. The same happens if I reduce the browser windows on a PC. At a certain point, the header becames about 500-600 pixels of height and it’s this way from the beginning on a mobile device.
Inspecting the page, I see the resolution of the image about 900x550px, but I can’t find the definition in the css file, and so I don’t know how write down the right additional css to resolve it.

The site is http://www.pmfoto.it

Hope You could help me.

Regards.

Bye

Paololo

Hello there,

Enabling responsive slider could resolve it. And it looks like you’ve done so. Am I correct?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharisblank,

yes, the site is responsive, but the “answer” is incorrect :wink:

When the windows is under a defined resolution (I don’t know exactly the threshold) the header image become higher than before, and on mobile devices you see a big black picture that is not so good.

Thanks for your reply.

Hello there,

To exactly measure the width of the web browser’s widow, you can use Pixus.

To eliminate black bar on main menu area on smaller screen, add the below CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 1024px) {
      .site-header,
      .site-header.fixed,
      .site-header.float-header {
        position: absolute !important;
        background-color: transparent;
      }
    }

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
      .site-header {
        background-color: #fff;
      }
      .btn-menu {
        color: #000;
      }
    }

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks Kharis,

I’ll try your code during the week end.
Starting from your instructions, I found the part in the original css, where there are all the configuration based on device and resolution, so now I have a clearer idea about where are the display configurations.

Many thanks.
Have a nice week end.
Bye

Paolo

You’re welcome Paolo! Have a wonderful week end.

Regards,
Kharis