Header Image Issues


#1

Hello,

The bottom 1/10 or so of my header image is duplicated (maybe not the best word), at least in Firefox (IE doesn’t have this issue). Also, the spinner thing in the tab shows that it’s taking a long time to load the items accessed through the site’s menu, such as my blog.

I’m also having an issue with the way the site logo/navigation “sticks” on top of the header image when screen width is reduced. I’m concerned that people who use tablets and mobile devices will see what I’m seeing in the screenshot I’ve attached via this link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Bn5B8HV8XpNjNPZTZnYlI4cGM/view?usp=sharing

Please help. I don’t know if these issues are related to the recent update. Thanks!

Kristi


#2

Sorry - forgot to add that the site is http://kristismithyoga.com


#3

Hey,

Update the theme please as these issues shouldn’t be present in the latest version.


#4

I just updated, and when my screen isn’t maximized, I still get the doubling/stacking (whatever you want to call it) of the lowest 10th portion of the image.

I also noticed that now my header image is magnified, but I haven’t done anything to the image. In IE, my face is “blown up” and doesn’t fit in the image area, but it did before. In Firefox, my shoulder was visible previously but isn’t anymore.

It’s odd. Ideas? Thanks, Vlad.


#5

I’m still seeing version 1.25 on your site. Can you please disable Autoptimize?


#6

My dashboard says my active theme is version 1.27…

I’m still having the same issues even with deactivating Autoptimize. I don’t know if everything is related or not, but here’s what I’m trying to correct:

  1. The “doubling” of the lower 1/10 of the header image when the screen isn’t maximized (IE);
  2. The “blowing up” of the size of my header image (IE and Firefox, although it’s worse in IE);
  3. The navigation bar cutting off half of my header image when the screen isn’t maximized (Firefox);

I’m also having a problem with IE displaying an old cached version of my site from yesterday, despite my clearing its history. I’m guessing that this isn’t due to its theme, but I wanted to mention it anyway. Maybe that explains the IE issues mentioned above?

Thanks.


#7

Well, it still says 1.25 on the front end, across all browsers. And I still see files from Autoptimize being loaded. Could be that your hosting offers some sort of caching. Thing is that the issues you mentioned shouldn’t happen, and they don’t on other sites, including the demo.

Can you send me an admin account at vlad[at]athemes.com so I can have a quick look?


#8

I can ask WPengine about the caching, although I just purged the cache via WPengine’s option to do so in my dashboard. I know that they cache heavily.

I just created that admin account. Thanks for your help!


#9

Thanks for helping me to resolve this issue, Vlad! I don’t think that I have anything remaining to bug you about today :slight_smile:


#10

I had a similar issue when I updated from 1.25 to 1.26. I have a few header images that randomly load for each page. They would no longer fill the header space and would repeat, leaving a vertical line. I updated from 1.26 to 1.27 and the issue was resolved.


#11

@Tera: it wasn’t exactly the fact that you updated from 1.26 to 1.27 that solved the issue. It just happened then because your cache got purged while updating :slight_smile: