Header Image is too dark

The header photos seem darker than the image that I am uploading. On the iPad or iPhone (as compared to the computer) they are REALLY dark. It is as if there is a black overlay. I do not see how to edit/remove this though. How can I make sure the exact image shows rather than the tinted version?

Hi
you can remove it using this css code below:

.header-image::after {
    background-color: transparent;
}

put the code using custom css plugin

Thanks. I am not seeing where to put that code (my old theme had a spot that said custom css: ) but I can’t find that here.

yeah, you have to download custom css plugin first to put the code above. try this https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/installation/

Instead of transparent, is there a way to modulate the darkness? I’ve seen 0.3 in the other posts but if I replace :transparent with anything, it doesn’t work

Hi @pilotguy13

You can use the following css code instead:

.header-image::after {
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.3);
}

I have the same problem with my site . I have the Simple Custom CSS with transparent code above. No effect

Why are the themes even built this way. It seems to me if I wanted to darken the header, i would do it after the fact. #Frustrated

Hello @Edouard, apologize for the inconvenience, I just checked your site and you are using different theme, thats why the CSS code in above not working.