Header Colour

Hi,

I am trying to do some changes to the header within the theme, what I am trying to find out is:

1. How do I completely remove the header, including image, menu so there is not a black bar at the top of the screen

2. Change the background to White or another colour

3. Remove the menu items from the header, so on a single page website I can just show a small logo

4. How to I add text with logos to it, for example Linked In icon with link?

Apologies for all the questions but I have just started playing with the West Theme so any help would be really appreciated.

Hello there,

Here is the css code to remove the black background color on header and remove the menu items:

.site-header {
    background-color: transparent;
}

.main-navigation {
    display: none;
}

To change the background color, you can go to: customize > colors > background color

and for the question no.4, did you mean the site logo in header? I think there is already a link wrapping the logo

Thank you Awan this is really helpful.

For Question 4, I am looking at having a logo on the left and then the address and linked in / facebook links on the right … still digging :slight_smile:

Oh I see… Maybe you can use menu icons plugin. Its simple ways to add icon to the menu :smiley:

Yep that has done that as well, the final question from me on this is how do I just put standard text on the header, for example an address with no links

Have you try to use this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/hf-commander ?

Thanks Awan, not really what I was looking for as I wanted to edit the header where the navigation is and things and put some text in but as this installation is on it own server I modified the header.php script to add the text that I need so this can be resolved. Thanks for your help Sir :slight_smile:

Great!
Just to make sure that its better if you modify header.php within your child theme :slight_smile: