Having trouble with front page

I’m a relative novice on Wordpress. I think I’ve set a static front page, but there is no animated text at all over the image. How do I add this?

Hi,

To setup the animation text on the header, please go to: customize > header area > from there, you’ll see the text field to put your animation text.

Regards,
Awan

Thanks so much. That was a lot simpler than I thought!

One more thing, is it possible to put the ‘message’ over a few lines and not just one?

And if possible, can I put the static text on one line and the animated one below?

Hi, yes you can. Please try the following css code:

.header-container h1 span:first-of-type:before {
    content: '\A';
    white-space: pre;
}

Regards,
Awan

Thanks so much. You have solved the issue of message #474310

Going back to the post before that, is it possible to put the ‘message’ over a few lines and not just one?

Hi,

Nope, you cannot add a few lines for the message text after the animated text from the customizer. Its only supported for one line only.

But you can add it by modifying the header.php file through a child theme.

Regards,
Awan

Thanks for all of your help so far.

I’m afraid I have one more problem, making widgets full width. Even if I select ‘full width’ or ‘full width stretched’ nothing changes?

Hi,

Please make sure that you are using “Business” template for your home page.

Yes, “Business” is selected

Hi,

This is odd, the full width or full width stretched should be working with Business template page.
Please confirm that you already activate the static page from: customize > static front page > a static page > and choose your home page.

If its still not working, please share your site URL here. I need to check it further.

Regards,
Awan

Hi, yes static front page is selected.

The URL is gerstaunton.com

Thanks

Hi,

I am sorry for the delay. I just checked your site and looks like the Siteorigin plugin not working properly, could you please to disabled and re-enable the plugin or remove the plugin then re-install the plugin?

Let me know how it works.

Regards,
Awan

Having trouble getting static front page to display at full width. I followed this https://athemes.com/forums/topic/please-tell-what-is-a-plugin-on-screen-shot-under-its-from-sydney-demo-web/#post-210692
in order to use the static front page to display a call to action as in the demo but it will not display at full width.