Hamburger mobile menu doesn't show the 3 lines

Hi kharisblank,

thanks for your quick reply. I’ve found the following CSS code in Apperance > Customize > Additional CSS:
.site-header.float-header {
display: none;
}
css
Do I delete this one and overwrite it with your?

Regards
Luca

Hi Luca,

Thank you for getting back.

Nothing to delete since they are different code with different purpose. You will need to add the code into the new line.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi kharisblank,

thank you so much! Now the issue is solved :slight_smile:
Thanks for the support!
Luca

1 Like

You’re welcome Luca!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello,
I am new to the forums and apologize if I am in the wrong place. I am having similar issue with the “Hamburger” on mobile. I have searched the forums and tried what’s been said and have had various results. I think at this point I have pretty much remarked or removed what I have tried as it did not seem to work and/or made it worse.
My site: frankginnphotography.com
I am using a child theme and recently did the parent update for the first time since I created my website in January 2019. I think from what I have read Sydney has been changed to make the experience better. I am thinking I need to do something on my child’s header.php but not clear on what or how.
I am not running Elementor and I would hope I don’t have to add the fontAwesome plugin to remedy my issue.
Please any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Regards,
Frank Ginn

Hi Frank,

Please try installing and enabling the FontAwesome plugin.

The do checking to confirm whether the plugin can show you the hamburger menu or not.

If not, you might have caching enabled on your site and you should flush it. Or, your web browser still loads the cached version of your page. So you would need to clear the history/cache and restart it.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Kharis,
Thank you for the quick reply.
I tried as you suggested, and it did not totally return the “Hamburger…”, however I was able to see a small square where the icon used to be located. I think with some of the additional CSS coding already mentioned above it will probably return this symbol.
I can recheck the forum posts I think I did read this very same thing happening to others.
My problem though is exactly what was described by “Richard_Chapman on May 14 post above” but details of the change he used are not specifically mentioned. I am wondering if my child theme is not referencing the proper version of the Sydney Theme, therefore, I not benefiting from the streamlining and security updates as well and that the “Hamburger” icon issue is just a side manifestation of a larger issue, which would require me to replace my child theme so it would reference all the new updated features?
Thank you again in advance,
Frank Ginn

Hi Frank,

Perhaps yor child theme has the header.php file that was copied from the older version of Sydney. That’s why the newer menu button added to the latest version of Sydney doesn’t load.

You should take a look into the header.php of the main theme (Sydney) and ensure you apply some adjustments to your child theme’s.

This line should not be missing from child theme’s header.php file, as it prints the mobile menu button.

<div class="btn-menu"><i class="sydney-svg-icon"><?php sydney_get_svg_icon( 'icon-menu', true ); ?></i></div>

I hope this reply helps.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Kharis,
Awesome support ! !
I added the missing portions of that line in my child theme’s header.php file, updated the file, cleared cache on my phone and went to my website on my iphone…
Voila! Hamburger in the right spot and the right size! Issue resolved!
Thank you very much!
I will research the “Go-top” button issue and if I am unable to resolve I will post a new topic. I am pretty sure the fix will be something similar.
Most Happy Regards,
Frank Ginn

1 Like

Kharis,
I found your answer to “Go-top button issues - Sydney -aThemes Forums” for person using child theme, from 9 days ago. I applied changes to my website’s child footer.php page and now all issues resolved!
Perhaps others with similar issues will find this helpful as they are both related to changes made through updating the “Parent Theme” when a child theme is present.
Be safe! Thank you!
Frank Ginn

1 Like

Great! Glad to hear you got them resoleved. Thank you for letting us know. I really appreciate it.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support