Hamburger Menu not displaying after update

I had some initial problems getting the site to load with the update but after flushing the cache I was able to get everything to work with the one exception being the hamburger menu on mobile doesn’t show. I can see it when it’s loading but once it finishes it no longer shows. The site is eddiscsports.org

Hi,

As checked, you have an active child theme. And perhaps there is a script conflict with it. Can you try temporarily switching to the main theme (Sydney) for checking?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Changing to main theme works to get the hamburger menu back, I was able to find conflict within the header.php child file and put the new header.php into it but I then have a conflict with the max mega menu plugin showing a double hamburger. The max mega menu support suggests changing out the following code for sydney integration:

but the new coding is different can you suggest a code variation that works

Hi,

Thank you for updating me.

The code for main navigation is relatively still the same.

Find this code in the header.php file.

<div class="col-md-8 col-sm-4 col-xs-12">
      <div class="btn-menu"><i class="sydney-svg-icon"><?php sydney_get_svg_icon( 'icon-menu', true ); ?></i></div>
      <nav id="mainnav" class="mainnav" role="navigation">
        <?php wp_nav_menu( array( 'theme_location' => 'primary', 'fallback_cb' => 'sydney_menu_fallback' ) ); ?>
      </nav><!-- #site-navigation -->
    </div>

Replace with:

<div class="col-md-8 col-sm-4 col-xs-12">
      <nav role="navigation">
        <?php wp_nav_menu( array( 'theme_location' => 'primary' ) ); ?>
      </nav>
    </div>

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Everything works. Thanks so much for the fix and Happy New Year!

You’re welcome! Happy New Year!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support