Google Site Kit plugin - Sydney theme

Hello,

When I try to activate Google Analytics through Google Site Kit plugin I got “Error: We’ve detected there’s already an existing Analytics tag on your site (ID UA-154444089-1), but your account doesn’t seem to have access to this Analytics property. You can either remove the existing tag and connect to a different account, or request access to this property from your team.”
But, unfortunately In the header.php (Appearance-Theme Editor - Sydney Child: Theme Header (header.php) there is no the above mentioned tag - (ID UA-154444089-1)
Could you please help me to delete the tag? Where it may be registered? It does not allow me to activate Google Anlytics on the site.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards, Naira

Hello Naira,

Sydney theme’s code doesn’t contain that mentioned line of code. One of your active plugin may has it in the background. To confirm this, you can temporarily switch to one of default WordPress themes like Twenty Twenty. Then have a check whether the issue remains or no.

Stay safe.
Have an excellent day :slight_smile:

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello Kharis,
I have just found tag in the view-source.
Which plugin do you use or can suggest for making corrections in the site view source?

Thank you.
Regards, Naira

I am sorry, I don’t have any plugin to suggest as this may come from one of your active plugins. When you are able to find one plugin from your site, you’ll be able to make correction. Or, contact the plugin author.

Stay safe.
Have an excellent day :slight_smile:

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support