Google reports West is not mobile friendly (but it looks fine...)

Hi, I’ve been using the free version of West for a while now with no problems. Today, Google Search Console told me that the landing page isn’t mobile optimised (content too wide, text too close together). The weird thing is that the page looks fine when I access it on my phone. But it does look messed up on Google’s Live View screenshot of it.

I’m using the latest version of the theme and Wordpress and all my plugins are up to date. I tried disabling other plugins to no avail. I seem to be having the same issue as this user: Google Search Console errores

Except the problem doesn’t go away when I ask Search Console to test the page again. I was wondering if anyone could suggest possible explanations/solutions?

Hello,

Can you please provide a link to your website and some explanatory screenshots?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Sorry, should have thought to do that. Here’s the site:

http://www.abeckettking.com

It displays as you would expect on my mobile device, but Google Search Console’s view of it is clearly messed up:

I have no idea why the console isn’t seeing what I see when I load it on a mobile device.

Hello,

Can you please deactivate all your plugins except Live Composer and leave here a note?

Also you can create a staging website for troubleshooting purposes, here is an extensive tutorial:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

I was just about to do that, but before I disabled plugins I tested the page again. Now it is showing up as being mobile friendly. Like the user I linked to above, the problem seems to have gone away without me doing anything (albeit more slowly).

Okay, but please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have in future :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.