Google Fonts hosted locally

Dear aThemes - team, I would like to use airi pro for building a clients website, since the site is hosted in the EU it would be mandatory to host google fonts locally. So I would please need to know if there is a way to stop airi from connecting with google fonts (maybe unhook it in my child theme functions). Unfortunately this has to be blocked to comply with the GDPR regulations. Is this possible? Thank you so much!

Hello there,

Try adding this snippet to your child theme’s functions.

function airi_child_remove_googlefont() {

wp_dequeue_style( 'airi-fonts' );

}
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'airi_child_remove_googlefont', 9999 );

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Dear Kharis,

thanks for your fast reply- unfortunately this didn’t block calling google fonts! Do you have any other solution for this, thanks in advance, Gladys

Hi,

Thank you for updating me.

Please share a link to your website here, so I can inspect it directly.

Meanwhile, please check whether your site is cached with particular plugin or not. If so, you would need to flush it.

Can you also check whether your child theme is active?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Dear Kharis,
thank you for your mail - your plugin inquiry triggered the idea that most probably Elementor calls google fonts as well - I added a filter and now it’s fine!
Thanks for your help!!
Regards,
Gladys

1 Like

Hi Gladys,

Thank you for getting back.

You’re right, perhaps some other third-party scripts/plugins also call Google Fonts.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support