Google Analytics Event Tracking

Hello there,

I am really happy with the theme and even more with the support here.

I have one more question, guess it’s the last one :):

I would like to use Google Analytics Event tracking and installed the ‘WP Google Analytics Events’ Plugin but I dont get it working. I tried to track a click on a call-to-action button. Is that possible and which code or plugin should I use?

Thanks a lot!

Hey,

The call to action button is just a simple link so I’m not sure why it wouldn’t work. An the other hand I don’t know how that plugin works and we don’t handle plugin support:)
I belive last time I used a plugin like this it was from Yoast, though I don’t remember exactly.

Hey,

thanks for the answer :). Tried again but somehow it’s not tracking any events.
Will try with a Yoast tool, thanks ;).

Hey,

I managed to track when someone hits a button which I defined like that:
<form action="#facts" onclick="_gaq.push([’_trackEvent’, ‘test2’, ‘asdasd’, ‘asdawdawd’]);" style=“margin: 0; text-align: center;” >
<input type=“submit” value=“Go to Facts”>
</form>

I used a text widget and not the call to action widget since I didnt have access on its html to insert the google event tracking code. Is there a easy way to get access, otherwise no problem :)!?
I inserted the code in a Text Widget instead and it works perfectly.
Now my only problem is that there is no smooth scroll but a rough, not nice jump to reach the link ‘#facts’.
How can I tell the link to scroll down smoothly like is does with the welcome header button?

Thanks a lot! Your theme rocks.

Smooth scrolling is supposed to only work with links, not forms. It’s easy to insert your code in the call to action widget, but it’s harder to do it in a update-proof way. You would require a child theme.

I had a look and I’m using Google Analytics by Yoast on a site. It doesn’t require any manual code adding. Though I think all these plugins track only outbound links.

Hey Vlad. Thank you! Awesome support!

Yes these plugins all have some disadvantages and I only want to do this tracking for one button on a specific page.

I googled a bit more and found a solution. If someone is interested:

<div class="buttons" align="center" >
  <a href="#facts"  onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'test4', 'asdasd', 'asdawdawd']);"><button class="action bluebtn"  ><span class="label" >Scroll to facts</span></button></a>
</div>

Probably not the nicest coding but it works :).