Go-top button ends in page not found

when I press the go to the top button (the one that appears on the right lower corner after scrolling down), sometimes the page first correctly goes back to the top but then starts to load a new page with the URL mysite.com/undefinded. This results ina "Page not found’ mistake as of course there is no page with the name undefined.

This happens occasionally on a desktop and most of the time with my mobile.

What might cause this?

Hello there,

Please share your site URL here, so I can try and troubleshoot it.

Regards,
Kharis

It is mk-guitar.com

Hello there,

I guess there’s one script of your active plugins pollutes its behavior. Please try to temporarily deactivate all plugins except Sydney Toolbox and Page Builder. Check if it changes anything. Once you find it resolves the issue, activate the plugins one by one to find out which one is the source of the problem.

Regards,
Kharis

I knew you would say this :wink:
I have so many plug-ins and already deactivated most of the ‘suspicous ones’ (autooptimize, caching, redirecting stuff) before without results.

Deactivating all indeed made the error disappear. Next I could pinpoint it to the culprit:
–> WP Google Analytics by Aaron D. Campbell

The plungin has various options, and I found that deactivating the option ‘Log outgoing links as events’ cured it!! So Sydney and this plugin can be used together but this option must be disabled. It seems the plugin interpreted the go-top as outgoing link which it could not log due to a missing URL. Nevertheless strange that it led to an 404 error.

Thanks for your help