Full width template is missing in service section

Hello there! There is no possibility to choose full width template within service section. It is not displayed. Any ideas how to bring it back?

Thank you in advance!

BHensel

Hello Beate,

Only pages can have page templates, not posts, nor custom post types.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
It looks like since WordPress 4.7 all post types can have templates.

You can find more information here:
https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/template-files-section/page-templates/

Kind Regards, Roman.

Dear Roman,

I understand that the template problem is connected with wordpress not with sydney theme, is that right? Because I use your theme on two different pages and in the one backend it works fine (since 1.5 years!!!) and in the other it does not. Do I have to ask for support at wordpress?

Thank you very much for your help!

BHensel

Hello again!

I found out that I used Toolbox Types plugin with Sydney theme for one page and Sydney Toolbox plugin with the other but newer one. I am able to set full width templates with Toolbox Types plugin but not with Sydney Toolbox plugin. Well, it’s not a problem wordpress has. It’s a problem coming with the plugin by Sydney. There must be a possibility to change template for services, employers etc. because Toolbox Types plugin managed it very well. Unfortunately, the plugin does not longer work with Syndney theme, so I had to deactivate it. It’s a big problem especially for the older page.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much for your kind help!

BHensel

Hi,

So Sydney itself doesn’t provide post templates support at this point (which is a feature introduced in WordPress core a couple of weeks ago).

Sydney Toolbox also doesn’t provide such support because that’s not what it’s supposed to do. The only purpose of this plugin was to replace what we were recommending Types for: to register custom post types and custom fields.

I assume there’s some custom option in Types that lets you do this. It doesn’t really matter. You can share a link to your website and me or Roman can help you with a bit of CSS which will make the services you want full width.

Hello Vlad!

Thank you very much, this would be very useful!

It concerns this site: www.adipositashilfe-koepenick.de/neu

I really appreciate your kind help!

BHensel

Hello again!

I settled the problem by myself. Now I add a link to a full width site without inserting more-tag. Less work for you! But thank you!

BHensel