Full width page

Hey,
I “upgraded” to the pro version and wonder why I loose my side widgets when I choose the “full width” page template. Thats not what I expected…

What I really want to see in the end is a page (or a category of posts) that really use the full available space AND show the side widget. Do you think that is possible?

Example: http://wp11106186.server-he.de/impressum/

Hello,

Well, that’s how the full width template works. It doesn’t show the sidebar and it stretches the content to the full width of the container, not to the width of the window. That’s how it works in general, not only for Moesia.

But we should be able to do what you want with just a bit of CSS. Please change that page back to the default template and I’ll give you the code afterwards.

Thanks for the lightning fast reply. Please wait before you put to much work into it. If that is limited to the container (and I had a guess in that direction), I’m not sure if I want to stay with the non-full-width template. I do need the sidebar widgets.

If full witdh means removing the sidebar and having the content using it’s space - I’ll better stick with the sidebar and half of the content. But if you are able to resize the container - I’ll be a very happy customer.

That’s what I was saying. To resize the container for that specific page and make it behave like you thought it would. After that you can simply copy the code and change the page ID in case you want to use it for other pages.

So if you want to do this simply change back to the default template and let me know.

Thank you, Vlad. I would love to try that. I changed all pages and posts back to the standard template and I’m ready for a test.

Alright, the best course of action would be to switch to percentage widths to achieve what you want. Add this to a custom CSS plugin:

.page-template-default .site-content {
    max-width: 1300px;
}
@media only screen and (min-width: 991px) {
   .page-template-default .content-area {
      width: 67%;
   }
   .page-template-default .widget-area {
      width: 30%;
   }
}

This will apply only to pages with the default page template.

That’s great, I love it! Thank you!