Full width for a single widget (front page)

Hello

is it possible to set a option to have a single widget (text/html widget) full width?
I found a function:

function astrid_content_width() {
	$GLOBALS['content_width'] = apply_filters( 'astrid_content_width', 640 );
}
add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'astrid_content_width', 0 );

But I’m a noob and have no clue how I can change it…

I’m happy with 640 for all other widgets.

Thank you

Hello,

I will be glad to help you, but can you please provide some explanatory screenshots with a link to your website to let me inspect it?

You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online screenshot services.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman

you can see printscreens here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gq6lb9qp7zearl9/AADO5Q_P5nVQzapGTge_Otdra?dl=0

I added a example from a other page who works with widgets too. There I was able to add some Visual Composer html and I got full funcionality and full withd.

The website is not public yet, how can I send you the password?

Thank you and best regards:

Marc

Hello Marc,

Please try to do the following.

Click Customize on your front page → WidgetsPage - Homepage → expand a widget → expand Styling → check Remove container? checkbox → click Save & Publish.

Please let me know if you need more help.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman

So easy! Thank you :slight_smile: I didn’t saw the styling option! Now my last question:

On a other theme with widgets, I can use the text widget to add Visual Composer code. (I copy the the content from the text mode when I create a page and add it into the widget.)

It shows me only the text content. The Visual Composer Code should be shown as a design with background picture etc. but it shows just like the code. (See examples / Printscreens)

Any idea?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hello Marc,

Please check this article:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman

Thank you so much! It’s working fine now, thank you for the tut, sometimes I just can’t name it what I mean and then it’s hard to google about :slight_smile:

Great support thank you!

You are always welcome Marc!

By the way, it would be nice if you leave your feedback for Astrid theme on WordPress.org, here is a quick link.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.